Kimchi fried rice is one of my favorite simple Korean dishes. It's easy, it's flavorful and it's fast. If you have any leftover rice laying around and some kimchi, you pretty much have 90% of the ingredients. You can make it super simplistic (rice + kimchi + protein/veggie), or you can make it full fancy with sesame oil and green onions and multiple types of protein/veggie and even top with an egg.
- Protein (optional) - Ex: spam, beef, pork, tofu, egg
- Veggies (optional) - Ex: green onions, onions, zucchini
- Sesame oil
- Leftover rice
- Stirfry the meat and/or veggies
- Add chopped kimchi, but hold off on the kimchi juice
- Add in the rice
- Add in kimchi juice
- Drizzle over some sesame oil and mix into the rice
- Let the edges of the rice touching the pan crisp up and it's ready to eat!