Occasionally, I have leftover meats and veggies that aren’t enough individually to be their own meals, so what better idea.. than to make fried rice!? Now, I used grated cauliflower as my “rice” but you literally don’t change the order of how you would cook any regular fried rice. It’s best to cook all the other veggies/meats first and then add in the cauliflower last (just like fried rice), so it doesn’t get mushy.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, grated
- Olive oil or bacon fat
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Anything you want in your fried rice (I used onion, garlic, scallions, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, egg and ham)
- Grate cauliflower using a food processor or blender. If you don’t have either, you can use a cheese grater
- Dice the other ingredients you want to add into the fried rice
- Add oil or fat to frying pan on medium heat
- Add in the onions and garlic until they are translucent. Then add in all the other ingredients, except the cauliflower. Add soy sauce.
- When the veggies/meat are about done, add in the grated cauliflower and combine everything. 3-4 minutes should be enough time.
- Make a hole in the center of the fried rice and add in an egg. Mix everything together
- Salt and pepper, to taste and add some scallions on top!