Tacos are always a favorite in my apartment. They’re just so simple yet SO delicious :) This slow cooker recipe was no exception. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to set everything up, and then let the slow cooker do what it does best. I used chicken breast in this recipe. As many of you know, I am not a huge fan of eating chicken breast due to it’s dryness (and my lack of ability to cook it properly LOL). Slow cooking this recipe really does keep the meat extremely moist, that the meat literally melts in your mouth.
- 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning (you can buy it or make it at home)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 16 oz jar of salsa (I just used Tostitos Salsa)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- salt, to taste
- iceberg lettuce leaves (for wrapping)
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken breast and place them at the bottom of the slow cooker
- Throw the onions and jalapenos over the chicken breasts
- Pour the salsa over the top. The salsa’s spiciness will determine how spicy the end result will be, so be sure to keep that in mind!
- Slow cook on LOW for 4-5 hours, but start checking at 4 hour mark
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and chop them up. Place the chopped chicken back into the slow cooker and stir. Salt, to taste.
- Serve on lettuce wraps!