🏠 | Eggocado
Can you imagine two of the healthiest foods (not to mention delicious) meshed together, making the ultimate superfood? Once I discovered the baked egg and avocado, I knew I had to give it a shot – I mean, 2 booster foods – one within the other. This is a pretty easy/quick recipe that is also really healthy and filling. Howeverrrrrr, PERSONALLY… it wasn’t for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love eggs and avocado, but somehow baking it just adds this teeny tiny bit of bitterness to it. There’s always ways around it, like adding bacon bits, salt, sauces, spices like cayenne, or pepper, etc, etc, so it’s definitely not something to write off with out trying first. Plus, it’s so cute!
- 1 medium or large avocado
- 2 small eggs
- cayenne or other spices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut avocado in half length-wise and carefully remove the seed.
- Use a spoon and carve out the avocado hole a little more, so there is more room for the egg.
- Crack the egg whites into a bowl and place 1 egg yolk in each avocado hole.
- Spoon the egg whites into the avocado hole until it’s full. (save the leftover egg whites for another day!)
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional), to taste.
- Carefully place avocados on a baking dish and bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Keep checking the egg to see if it’s cooked to your desired consistency.
Once it’s done, you can add more salt, pepper, or any other spices to your liking. You can also add bacon on top or spread it onto toast.