One of my favorite types of food is Mexican food – primarily tacos and nachos ;). Now, this is probably one of the coolest recipes that I have discovered, and we can thank our good ol’ friend, cauliflower again, for this. Thankfully, this was EXTREMELY simple, and to my surprise, it didn’t taste of cauliflower or egg at all. However, I enjoy both foods separately too, so if you have a strong disliking toward either food, you may be a bit more sensitive to the taste. For this recipe, I will only focus on the tortilla itself. I have the chipotle chicken recipe as well (will add link later)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3 eggs or 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
- Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through
- [If you don’t want to use a microwave for Step 3] Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
- Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (wow, that was confusing.. look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
- Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4” thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
- Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy
You can serve this with salad or rice. I decided to eat it with salad and a little bit of miso salad dressing, and it was bomb dot com